ADMINISTRATION & GRANT MANAGER
Type of contract
Collaboration contract - paid (6 months).
Minimum 2/3 years of experience in the same role, acquired in humanitarian or development projects
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
The Administration & Grant Manager is responsible for the technical management of an EMERGENCY funded project and for all the administrative and accounting processes of the War Surgical Centre in Lashkar-gah, Afghanistan.
The candidate will report directly to the Country Director of Afghanistan.
He/She will interact daily with the Grant Coordinator Afghanistan, the Grants & Foundation Desk and the Administrative Desk of Field Operations Department in Milan (HQ) to define the strategy and the relations with the donor, for the technical aspects of project cycle management, for the implementation of proposed activities and for the projects’ monitoring and reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The main duties and responsibilities of the Administration and Grant Manager are:
- Manage the funded project;
- Ensure the constant monitoring and the correct implementation of the project’s activities defined in the project documentation, verifying the eventual changes (chronogram, activity and budget);
- Create the necessary documentation for activities, indicators and monitoring sources in the phases of implementation and evaluation (internal and external);
- Ensure that all departments involved correctly implement the administrative procedures requested by the donor (purchasing management, supplies, stock and inventory, invoices and accounting, etc.);
- Prepare the internal and technical-narrative reports requested by donors;
- Ensure the respect of exposure links requested by donors in the field and to collaborate with the Grant Management Desk in implementing more structured visibility actions;
- Take part actively in coordination mechanisms in the field (cluster meetings) and keep the relationship with donor and other stakeholders, for all that concerns the technical management of the ongoing project and the opportunity of future planning
- Ensure all the administrative and accountancy documentation of the project is kept correctly, including the one required by the auditors and possible donor organisations;
- Ensure the correct management of cash, bank accounts, and the reconciliation of accounts on a monthly basis;
- Ensure the correct administrative management of the national staff (salaries, contracts, holidays, permissions…);
- Prepare the monthly report (cash flow, statements and reports file…) and present it punctually to HQ, highlighting any possible gaps in the approved budget;
- Collaborate with the Country Director and HQ in drafting the annual budget for the project;
- Support the Country Director during all audit phases from the donor.
- Fluency in English both written and oral (C1-C2 European level);
- at least 2-3 years’ relevant work experience in the same role, in commercial or non-profit organisations;
- deep knowledge of Project Cycle Management on a theoretical and practical basis;
- experience in managing petty cash, revenue and payments;
- experience in reconciling bank accounts and cash records;
- experience with monitoring and evaluation tools;
- experience in financial monitoring and evaluation, in addition to all the administrative and procedural aspects related to donors’ guidelines compliance;
- excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel suite);
- aptitude to teamworking and stress resistance, respecting deadlines.
At least 6 months’ overseas stay including a period of leave to be taken at the end of the mission in agreement with the Country Director.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): email@example.com. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus, with headquarters in Via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan (MI) – Italy, is Data Controller under EU Regulation 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). Personal data will be processed for the purposes of seeking, selecting and managing hired personnel only by authorised staff and possibly disclosed to third parties who may be appointed as Data Processors. Personal data will be stored for no longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes without prejudice to any other rights under, obligations or protection means provided by Law. Data subjects can exercise their rights under Art. 15 et seq. of the GDPR mailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Protection Officer appointed by the Controller is Mr. Nicola Tarantino, who can be mailed at email@example.com.
Please, browse the complete Privacy Notice on this site.