Afghanistan, Central African Republic, Sierra Leone, Sudan
English and/or French
Type of contract
Paid - 6 months
Experience in cash flow management, reconciliation of accounts, staff administration, contract management, suppliers management
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
In this role you will be responsible for the management of all the administrative and accountancy procedures of the project.
BACKGROUND AND ORGANISATION OF WORK
You will co-ordinate, supervise and work alongside the non-medical national staff, managing the organisation of work and providing them with on-the-job training.
The international administrator is responsible to the Project Coordinator, and is in regular communication with the EMERGENCY Humanitarian Office in Italy (HQ) regarding all aspects of the job.
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- to ensure all the administrative and accountancy documentation of the project is kept correctly, including that required by the auditors and possible donor organisations;
- to ensure the correct management of cash, bank accounts, and the reconciliation of accounts on a monthly basis;
- to ensure the correct administrative management of the national staff (salaries, contracts, holidays, permissions…);
- to prepare the monthly report (cash flow, statements and reports file…) and present it punctually to HQ, highlighting any possible gaps in the approved budget;
- to collaborate with the Project Coordinator and HQ in drafting the annual budget for the project;
- to assist the Project Coordinator in drafting project proposals for institutional donors;
- to assist the Project Coordinator during audits carried out by donor agencies.
GUIDELINES, PROTOCOLS AND EQUIPMENT
Further information on the guidelines, management processes and protocols relevant to the post will be provided at interview and during the period of preparation for the mission.
The general requirements and conditions are the same as for other international personnel roles.
- Diploma in Accountancy or bachelor degree in Economics, Political science or International relations;
- at least 2 years’ relevant work experience in commercial or non-profit making organisations;
- familiarity with the financial guidelines and procedures of the main donor agencies (EU, MAECI, UN agencies…) would be an advantage;
- experience in managing petty cash;
- experience in managing revenue and payments;
- experience in reconciling bank accounts and cash records.
6 months’ overseas stay including a period of leave to be taken at the end of the mission in agreement with the Coordinator.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): email@example.com. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Processing of Personal Data
Informative Notice Pursuant to Article 13, Legislative Decree No. 196/2003
EMERGENCY – Life Support for Civilian War Victims ONG ONLUS, with registered offices in via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan, Italy, in its capacity as owner of the data processing, will process your personal data manually and in electronic form for the purposes of selecting personnel and managing the relevant employment agreement, if any, and informing on the related institutional activity. The provision of your personal data is not mandatory. However, the failure to provide such data or the subsequent withdrawal of the authorization to process your personal data will prevent us from either entering into the employment agreement or subsequently managing such agreement. Your personal data may be disclosed to third parties and other facilities of EMERGENCY for the purpose of reviewing professional profiles and selecting personnel and in connection with your employment agreement, if any, also in foreign countries and outside the European Union. You will be entitled to exercise the rights granted by Article 7 of Legislative Decree No. 196/2003 by addressing your request to the person in charge of the data processing, Mr. Alessandro Bertani, via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan, Italy – firstname.lastname@example.org.