Type of contract
Paid - 6 months
Experience in Facility Management, cash flow management, reconciliation of accounts, staff administration, contract management, suppliers management
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
Responsible for the administrative and financial management of the ongoing projects in Iraq. He/she organizes field staff in charge, and gets behind the Programme Coordinator in external relations with local Institutions and donors.
BACKGROUND AND ORGANISATION OF WORK
The conflicts taking place in the region have led to a serious humanitarian crisis which has affected many people including Syrian refugees and the internally displaced. In the course of the year our intervention has grown considerably.
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
All EMERGENCY international personnel are expected to know and follow the hospital admissions criteria, guide lines, protocols, and the diagnosis and treatment standards in use in the centre, and to ensure the correct compilation of clinical records and statistics in both computer and paper formats.
The main duties and responsibilities of the country projects’ administrator are:
- responsible for the administrative and financial management of ongoing projects;
- he/she ensures compliance with EMERGENCY and donor standards, rules and regulations;
- he/she ensures that financial, administrative procedures during programme/project planning and closure are implemented, used and adhered to;
- he/she supervises and monitors administrative staff to ensure that all systems are in place and applied and provides training as necessary;
- he/she ensures sound planning and preparation of budgets, amendments and forecasts together with the PC and in coordination with the desk Administrative Management Office (Italy, HQ);
- he/she monitors the financial and administrative projects’ management working closely with administrative staff;
- he/she reviews, approves and submits donor financial reports/liquidations and ensures that they are consistent with EMERGENCY and donor reporting requirements, in coordination with the desk Institutional Donor Office (Italy, HQ);
- he/she assists the PC in human resources management, establishing and enforcing compliance with national staff policies, procedures and guidelines;
- he/she ensures that EMERGENCY and donor procurement guidelines are in place, supplies chain management forms and oversees fleet management.
GUIDELINES, PROTOCOLS AND EQUIPMENT
Further information on the guidelines, protocols and clinical services relevant to the post along with details of the instruments and equipment available will be provided at interview and during the period of preparation for the mission.
The general requirements and conditions are the same as for other international personnel roles.
- Diploma in Accountancy or bachelor degree in Economics, Political science or International relations;
- at least 2 years’ relevant work experience in commercial or non-profit making organisations familiarity with the financial guidelines and procedures of the main donor agencies (EU, MAECI, UN agencies…) would be an advantage;
- experience in managing petty cash;
- experience in managing revenue and payments;
- experience in reconciling bank accounts and cash records.
6 months’ overseas stay including a period of leave to be taken at the end of the mission in agreement with the coordinator.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): email@example.com. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus, with headquarters in Via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan (MI) – Italy, is Data Controller under EU Regulation 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). Personal data will be processed for the purposes of seeking, selecting and managing hired personnel only by authorised staff and possibly disclosed to third parties who may be appointed as Data Processors. Personal data will be stored for no longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes without prejudice to any other rights under, obligations or protection means provided by Law. Data subjects can exercise their rights under Art. 15 et seq. of the GDPR mailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Protection Officer appointed by the Controller is Mr. Nicola Tarantino, who can be mailed at email@example.com.
Please, browse the complete Privacy Notice on this site.