Administrator – Sudan
Type of contract
Paid - 6 months
Experience in cash flow management, reconciliation of accounts, staff administration, contract management, suppliers management.
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
The Salam Centre in Khartoum offers high quality assistance to patients with congenital and acquired surgical diseases.
The Centre has so far treated patients from 28 Countries. International staff oversee the training of local medical staff to ensure high standards of care and professionalism of the staff from Sudan and neighboring Countries.
REQUESTED AVAILABILITY: 6 months from May 2019, with possibility of renewal. EMERGENCY offers a paid contract of collaboration with holidays, board and lodging, health insurance and travel expenses cover.
The role of administrator requires the management and responsibility of all administrative and accounting processes of the project.
BACKGROUND AND ORGANISATION OF WORK
The administrator supervises and works alongside the non-medical national staff, managing the organisation of work and providing them with on-the-job training.
He/She is responsible to the Hospital Manager, and is in regular communication with the EMERGENCY Field Operations Department in Italy (HQ) regarding all aspects of the job.
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
The main duties and responsibilities of the administrator are:
• to ensure all the administrative and accountancy documentation of the project is kept correctly, including the one required by the auditors and possible donor organisations;
• to ensure the correct management of cash, bank accounts, and the reconciliation of accounts on a monthly basis;
• to ensure the correct administrative management of the national staff (salaries, contracts, holidays, permissions…);
• to prepare the monthly report (cash flow, statements and reports file…) and present it punctually to HQ, highlighting any possible gaps in the approved budget;
• to collaborate with the Hospital Manager and HQ in drafting the annual budget for the project;
• to assist the Hospital Manager in drafting project proposals for institutional donors;
• to assist the Hospital Manager during audits carried out by donor agencies.
• Diploma in Accountancy or bachelor degree in Economics, Political science or International relations;
• at least 2 years’ relevant work experience in commercial or non-profit making organisations;
• familiarity with the financial guidelines and procedures of the main donor agencies (EU, MAECI, UN agencies…) would be an advantage;
• experience in managing petty cash;
• experience in managing revenue and payments;
• experience in reconciling bank accounts and cash records.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): email@example.com. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus, with headquarters in Via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan (MI) – Italy, is Data Controller under EU Regulation 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). Personal data will be processed for the purposes of seeking, selecting and managing hired personnel only by authorised staff and possibly disclosed to third parties who may be appointed as Data Processors. Personal data will be stored for no longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes without prejudice to any other rights under, obligations or protection means provided by Law. Data subjects can exercise their rights under Art. 15 et seq. of the GDPR mailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Protection Officer appointed by the Controller is Mr. Nicola Tarantino, who can be mailed at email@example.com.
Please, browse the complete Privacy Notice on this site.