Building Maintenance Technician
Type of contract
Paid - 6 months
3 years of experience in managing the maintenance of building/brickwork/facilities and/or installation
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
The project consists of coordinating, mentoring and supervising local technical staff. The Building Maintenance Technician will work in close collaboration with the team responsible for technical management, within the Technical Office of the Project, and will report directly to the Hospital Manager and functionally to the Technical Division of EMERGENCY (HQ Milan).
The collaboration consists in the performance of the following activities at the “Salam” Centre for Cardiac Surgery in Khartoum and other EMERGENCY Paediatric Centres in Sudan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of the Building Maintenance Technician are:
- Ensure maintenance of buildings in hospital and residential environments;
- Ensure adherence to the maintenance schedule shared with the Technical Division;
- Manage defects and maintain facilities;
- Ensure the presence of up-to-date technical documentation within his/her area of responsibility;
- Ensure safe working conditions for the teams under his/her own lead;
- Manage material orders and service contracts by area of competence in close collaboration with the Hospital Manager and the Technical Division;
- Manage technical warehouses with attention and share managerial work with the Hospital Manager;
- Contribute to the professional training of maintenance technicians;
- Carry out the building of new structures, adaptations and constructions according to the needs of the project, in collaboration with the Hospital Manager and the Technical Division;
- Guarantee availability for short missions in other EMERGENCY projects in case of need;
- Follow all the necessary activities for the success of the project;
– Technical Diploma or Engineering Degree;
– Previous experience in managing the maintenance of building/brickwork/facilities and/or installation of at least 3 years;
– Aptitude for coordinating a team of maintenance technicians;
– Previous experience in staff management;
– Good knowledge of the English language (minimum level B2).
6 months of stay abroad including a period of paid leave to be agreed with the Area Director.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): email@example.com. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus, with headquarters in Via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan (MI) – Italy, is Data Controller under EU Regulation 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). Personal data will be processed for the purposes of seeking, selecting and managing hired personnel only by authorised staff and possibly disclosed to third parties who may be appointed as Data Processors. Personal data will be stored for no longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes without prejudice to any other rights under, obligations or protection means provided by Law. Data subjects can exercise their rights under Art. 15 et seq. of the GDPR mailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Protection Officer appointed by the Controller is Mr. Nicola Tarantino, who can be mailed at email@example.com.
Please, browse the complete Privacy Notice on this site.