Communications Officer (EMERGENCY UK)
EMERGENCY UK OFFICE
Type of contract
Initial 1 year contract, Full-time
Outstanding English writing skills and professional experience in communications
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
EMERGENCY UK is an independent charitable organisation that supports EMERGENCY’s projects with fundraising and communications activities.
Who are we looking for and what will you do?
EMERGENCY UK is looking for a Communications Officer to become an integral part of its small, London-based team. EMERGENCY UK oversees international communications and fundraising for EMERGENCY around the world, meaning that this role will be truly international in scope. You will work on a range of activities focused on growing public awareness of EMERGENCY and its fundraising reach.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Work closely with colleagues in the London and Milan offices to develop and implement a communications strategy that raises awareness of EMERGENCY’s work and acquires new supporters and donors.
- Create and edit content for social media and websites.
- Manage content publication on social media and websites.
- Collect and use analytics to learn audience preferences and shape content.
- Analyse key trends and benchmark online communications.
- Proofread, edit and adapt content for written publications such as the annual Activity Report and direct mailing materials.
- Work closely with colleagues on implementation of supporter journeys.
- Work closely with colleagues on digital marketing.
- Liaise with freelance translators to ensure timely and accurate translations of a range of material from Italian into English.
- Create, edit and adapt press releases for international media contacts.
- Maintain and update media database.
- Use media engagement platform to distribute press releases.
- Compile media monitoring reports.
- Support on organising and implementing public-facing communications activities and events.
- Attend and assist with events (to be assigned within the scope of the position, as and when necessary).
- Outstanding writing skills and ability to use different tones.
- Close attention to detail
- Fluent English language ability
- Professional experience in the charity sector
- Proven track record of results in communications
- Proactive approach to communications
- Knowledge of key communications principles and trends
- Ability to analyse data to inform strategy
- Experience of digital marketing
- Experience of email marketing
- Experience using a range of social media platforms, and a good understanding of their differences
- Experience using WordPress would be beneficial
The role will be based between home and EMERGENCY UK’s London office (in the London Fields area), and initially be contracted for 12 months.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): email@example.com. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus, with headquarters in Via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan (MI) – Italy, is Data Controller under EU Regulation 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). Personal data will be processed for the purposes of seeking, selecting and managing hired personnel only by authorised staff and possibly disclosed to third parties who may be appointed as Data Processors. Personal data will be stored for no longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes without prejudice to any other rights under, obligations or protection means provided by Law. Data subjects can exercise their rights under Art. 15 et seq. of the GDPR mailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Protection Officer appointed by the Controller is Mr. Nicola Tarantino, who can be mailed at email@example.com.
Please, browse the complete Privacy Notice on this site.