Type of contract
To be defined
Valid certificate as Officer in charge of Navigational Watch for ships equal to or over 500 GT; Valid certificate as GMDSS Operator
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
The Deck Officer takes part in watch duty and fulfills assigned duties for the good management of the ship and his specific activity. The Deck Officer is responsible for the safety of assigned equipment and must ensure excellent communication with the rest of the crew during all phases of work.
The Deck Officer participates operationally in the ship’s activities ensuring compliance with safety and environmental protection procedures, seeking to learn skills useful for professional improvement and growth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- On-call duty;
- He/she is operative with SAR operations or other ship activities;
- Assisting in rescue operations in collaboration with Officers and SAR Mission Coordinator;
- Assisting the SAR Operations Logistician in the management of people on board;
- Assisting the SAR Operations Logistician in the disembarkation phases.
- Valid certificate as Officer in charge of Navigational Watch for ships equal or superior to 500 GT;
- Valid certificate as GMDSS Operator;
- Ability to achieve objectives through teamwork;
- Willingness to work on watch duty;
- Operational ability to manage the maintenance of the ship and its equipment;
- Ability to work in stressful situations while maintaining effective communication and professionalism;
- Knowledge of navigation monitoring systems useful for SAR operations.
- Prior experience in the role of Deck Officer
- Experience in SAR operations and search at sea
- Knowledge of Italian language
- MAMS – MABEV or equivalent qualifications
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): email@example.com. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus (head office at Via Santa Croce, 19 – 20122 Milano) is the data controller and will process your personal data for the purposes of searching for and selecting candidates for positions in the SAR ship’s crew. In line with requirements, candidates’ data will be sent to companies that specialise in recruitment, selection and management of ship’s crews, which will process the data independently, based on agreements with the ship’s owners. For more information on the purposes and methods of collecting data and its use, or to exercise your rights under articles 15 et seq. of the GDPR, you can write to the Chief Privacy Officer, Alessandro Bertani, at our organisation’s head office or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Data Protection Officer is Nicola Tarantino (email@example.com).