Director – Global Foundations and Partnerships (Remote)
EMERGENCY USA - (Remote)
Type of contract
Paid - 12 months
10 years’ work experience, with a focus on developing and managing complex partnerships with leading US/international institutional funding partners and in private foundation grants cultivation and management.
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
EMERGENCY USA was founded in 2008 to support EMERGENCY, an international humanitarian organization that provides free, high-quality medical and surgical care to people affected by war and poverty. Over the past three decades, EMERGENCY has treated over 13 million people in 20 countries. EMERGENCY’s approach and impact in the world are unique, as all programs focus on building sustainable hospitals and training local medical personnel.
EMERGENCY USA is a small, dynamic non-profit looking to find a Director – Global Foundations and Partnerships who would thrive on the opportunity to build a relevant network of supporters among global foundations, global companies and key players in philanthropic giving. The Director would work under the direction of EMERGENCY USA’s Board of Directors and will functionally report to the Global Foundations and Partnerships Coordinator based in EMERGENCY’s Head Office in Milan, Italy.
As EMERGENCY USA is at a pivotal moment in its organizational life cycle, we are seeking a Director – Global Foundations and Partnerships to develop a plan and execute a strategy to grow awareness, partnerships, and revenue for our US organization.
Additionally, the Director will work collaboratively with the Executive Director of EMERGENCY USA to identify potential cross-functional opportunities within the philanthropic community, and provide strategic input to the Global Foundations and Partnership central department as it grows.
To learn more about our important mission, please visit: www.emergencyusa.org and www.en.emergency.it.
INTERESTED IN BEING THE STRATEGIC AND VALUED FUNDRAISING LEADER WHO WILL TAKE EMERGENCY USA TO THE NEXT LEVEL?
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO WILL LEAD ON:
– Developing the Global Foundations strategy and positioning in the US: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and execute strategic partnership plans that enhance EMERGENCY’s positioning and drive growth. Specific focus areas will include capitalizing on new foundation giving trends around philanthropic competitions, public-private partnerships, and innovative financing instruments, as well as nurturing emerging foundations in collaboration with other high-value channels. When appropriate, participate in overseas visits with partners and programmes, particularly to support the development of proposals or
establishment of new contracts, and take all opportunities to network externally, often at a senior level, and raise the profile of EMERGENCY USA with the Trusts and Foundations sector.
– Developing new business: develop and oversee strategic approaches to prospective foundation partners; support negotiations and direct engagement with key foundations; seek ways to increase business through identification of potential partners playing a relevant role in the humanitarian and health field. Assess and evaluate partnership opportunities to align with EMERGENCY’s strategic objectives.
– Developing and maintaining relationships: build and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with strategic global foundations and corporates, and other strategic partners. Act as the primary point of contact and serve as a trusted advisor to partners.
– Securing sustainable income: ensure financial support from global foundations and corporations with the aim of achieving multi-year grants. Work with GFP colleagues to find new, cross-cutting collaboration in support of growth in results.
– Strengthening foundation partnerships: provide regular updates, creating impact reports, ensuring accurate recognition across all aspects of EMERGENCY presence and collateral and arranging site visits as requested.
– Leveraging relationships: provide and value input to senior management, the EMERGENCY USA Board of Directors, and current partners to strengthen solicitations of foundations and enhance effectiveness. – Communicating effectively and with strategic vision: develop, write and present compelling proposals to match prospective partners’ interests with EMERGENCY’s programme priorities, including budgeting. Undertake and support financial and strategic analyses of foundations income, including projections and actuals, inform market-specific analyses and opportunities, and provide inputs on pertinent trends and influences on the foundations sector.
– Preparing relevant documents for EMERGENCY’s leadership: write briefing memos, partnership updates, and communications papers.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS:
– A passion for our mission, and someone who will embody our organisation’s values – 10 years’ work experience, with a focus on developing and managing complex partnerships with leading US/international institutional funding partners and in private foundation grants cultivation and management.
– A demonstrated successful record for achieving funding for/administering large-scale projects. A mix of foundation and humanitarian field experience is preferred.
– Advanced degree in international development, international relations, global/public health, or a related field. – Knowledge of, and preferably direct experience with, grant-making rules, regulations and policies of US private foundations; familiarity with current global health/development issues, and with related UN agencies (WHO, UNITAR, OCHA).
– Knowledge of healthcare programmes, health systems strengthening, SRH services, EPI and Polio programming, emergencies and climate along with knowledge and understanding of the sector and trends in philanthropy, particularly those most relevant to the Foundations sector.
– Proven experience in project management approaches and tools as well as exceptional communication skills with ability to write inspiring stories and cases for support.
– Direct experience in MEAL is a plus.
– Successful record of accomplishment securing high value philanthropic gifts, at the 6-7 figure level (Goal Setting, Budgets & Campaign Selection, Stewardship Structures, Identification of Prospects, Policies and Procedures, Pitch).
– Distinctive talent in relationship building particularly at high leadership and seniority level. We want someone who can establish productive relationships externally and internally. – Ability to lead projects independently from concept to completion.
– Excellent computer and IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, MS Teams, SharePoint and donor databases. Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
– Experience working with cross-functional teams and managing budgets effectively. – Experience working or traveling in developing settings (desired, not required).
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO IS:
– An individual of unquestioned integrity, ethics and values – someone who can be trusted without reservation. An empathic, confident leader, the Director will treat others with respect, will lead by example, demonstrating humility, empathy, respect and sense of humor.
– Energetic, independent, forward thinking, and passionate about helping EMERGENCY grow its presence in the US and beyond.
– Comfortable in a small and dynamic environment, and learning new skills as needed.
– Motivated to build and develop new funding segment, and enjoys reaching out to new contacts.
– Able to think strategically, identify opportunities for growth, and driven by performance outcomes.
– Ready to have creative approaches to proposing pathways for new, innovative collaboration, resulting in revenue-generating, long-term partnerships.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
We offer a competitive non-profit salary structure ranging between $95,000 and $105,000 based upon work experience and studies background. We offer a comprehensive set of benefits and possibility to work remotely and with a high degree of flexibility. The position may require up to 40% domestic and international travel, including to developing nations where our programs reside.
ARE YOU EXCITED ABOUT THE POSITION NOW?
Please submit your CV and a cover letter by 08 March 2024
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): email@example.com. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus, with headquarters in Via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan (MI) – Italy, is Data Controller under EU Regulation 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). Personal data will be processed for the purposes of seeking, selecting and managing hired personnel only by authorised staff and possibly disclosed to third parties who may be appointed as Data Processors. Personal data will be stored for no longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes without prejudice to any other rights under, obligations or protection means provided by Law. Data subjects can exercise their rights under Art. 15 et seq. of the GDPR mailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Protection Officer appointed by the Controller is Mr. Nicola Tarantino, who can be mailed at email@example.com.
Please, browse the complete Privacy Notice on this site.