Type of contract
To be defined
Previous experience in the role and in mechanical, hydraulic and electrical maintenance
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
The Engineer Officer is the assistant to the Chief Engineer in the management of the engine room, on-board machinery and technical equipment of the ship. The job requires knowledge of the on-board machinery operation and maintenance, in support of the Director of Machinery.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Engineer Officer:
– Is available to provide operational support for the technical direction of the ship;
– Takes part in on-call shifts;
– Complies with regulations and requirements of authorities in work under his/her jurisdiction;
– Monitors the maintenance of the standards required by the company;
– Responsible for the proper management of energy consumption, reporting and documentation.
– Valid certificate as an Engineer Officer for vessels equal to or greater than 500 GT;
– Previous experience in the role;
– Propensity for manual work activities;
– Experience in mechanical, electrical and hydraulic maintenance;
– Skill in the use of tools and work instruments;
– Ability to understand technical manuals, schematics and diagrams;
– Ability to work under stressful situations while maintaining effective communication and professionalism;
– Knowledge of machinery monitoring systems.
– Knowledge of ABC motors
– Experience in welding and carpentry
– Knowledge of Italian language
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): email@example.com. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus (head office at Via Santa Croce, 19 – 20122 Milano) is the data controller and will process your personal data for the purposes of searching for and selecting candidates for positions in the SAR ship’s crew. In line with requirements, candidates’ data will be sent to companies that specialise in recruitment, selection and management of ship’s crews, which will process the data independently, based on agreements with the ship’s owners. For more information on the purposes and methods of collecting data and its use, or to exercise your rights under articles 15 et seq. of the GDPR, you can write to the Chief Privacy Officer, Alessandro Bertani, at our organisation’s head office or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Data Protection Officer is Nicola Tarantino (email@example.com).