Field Procurement Manager
Type of contract
Collaboration contract - paid (6 months). Collaboration start: June 2022
Experience in the management of procurement procedures above 60 thousand euros
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
Within EMERGENCY’s Program in Afghanistan, the Field Procurement Manager will be in charge of building and managing procurement flows in the field. Specifically, he/she will coordinate the negotiation and contractual phase of the procurement process of goods and services in the field in accordance with EMERGENCY protocols and procedures to ensure the optimal operation of the mission.
He/she will identify, supervise and support the relevant national staff by managing the work organization and the on-the-job training of these staff members.
The Field Procurement Manager has the Country Director of the project as a point of reference and functionally, for all areas of competence, the Health Economics & Compliance Coordinator of the Field Operations Department (FOD) of the Milan office, with whom he/she interfaces regularly.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The figure sought:
– Ensures the implementation of procurement procedures;
– Is responsible for drafting and periodically updating the Country Purchasing Plan useful to categorize and differentiate the different purchasing methods in line with the EMERGENCY manuals.
– Is responsible for drawing up an annual calendar for planning purchasing procedures;
– Implements the procurement process at each stage:
- preparation of documents (Invitation Letter and Contracts);
- identification and invitation of suppliers
- Evaluation of offers and comparative analysis
- eventual negotiation
- stipulation of supply contracts.
– Monitors compliance with contractual clauses in collaboration with the departments concerned;
– Ensures continuous mapping of the local market and evaluation of available suppliers, verifying the existence of qualitative, logistical and financial requirements, in order to implement a Vendor List from which to identify the subjects to be invited to the procedures for the awarding of supplies;
– Is responsible for the proper filing of all tender documents, in collaboration with the project administrator.
– Degree in Economics or related disciplines;
– Master’s degree/Master’s degree in Management, Procurement or equivalent will be a plus
– At least 2 years’ continuous experience in managing procurement procedures (above €60,000)
– Experience in managing international tenders above €300,000
– Experience in procurement management in the field will be a plus
– Excellent negotiation skills and ability to relate to and manage suppliers
– Excellent knowledge of donor procurement procedures (ECHO, UN OCHA)
– Familiarity with procurement laws and regulations; understanding of standard contract terms and conditions to mitigate legal risk
– Fluent knowledge of English (C1 level)
– Excellent knowledge of the Office package, particularly Microsoft Excel
– Ability to work as part of a team and deal with multicultural environments.
6 months stay abroad including a period of paid leave to be taken at the end of the mission in agreement with the Project Coordinator.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus, with headquarters in Via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan (MI) – Italy, is Data Controller under EU Regulation 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). Personal data will be processed for the purposes of seeking, selecting and managing hired personnel only by authorised staff and possibly disclosed to third parties who may be appointed as Data Processors. Personal data will be stored for no longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes without prejudice to any other rights under, obligations or protection means provided by Law. Data subjects can exercise their rights under Art. 15 et seq. of the GDPR mailing at email@example.com.
The Data Protection Officer appointed by the Controller is Mr. Nicola Tarantino, who can be mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, browse the complete Privacy Notice on this site.