First Deck Officer
Type of contract
To be defined
Valid certificate as Chief Mate for ships equal to or greater than 500 GT; valid certificate as GMDSS Operator
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
The First Deck Officer assists the Commander in the responsibilities of managing the ship, the safety of personnel and the performance of assigned activities.
The First Deck Officer is responsible for the familiarization for each person on board and is supportive of the Commander for ship activities. He/she ensures that all authorities’ requirements are updated and complied with, while training and coaching the crew to maintain standards in a process of continuous improvement. He/she is responsible for the operational organization of activities such as supplies, bunkers, reporting, documentation with the support and availability of the rest of the crew and embarked personnel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The First Deck Officer:
- Is operationally responsible for strategic decisions and operations during SAR or other ship activities;
- Assists with rescue operations in collaboration with the SAR Mission Coordinator;
- Assists the SAR Mission Coordinator in the management of people on board;
- Assists the SAR Mission Coordinator in the disembarkation phases.
- Valid certificate as Chief Mate for ships equal to or over 500 GT;
- Valid certificate as GMDSS Operator;
- Skills in crew training and achievement of objectives through teamwork;
- Willingness to work on watch duty;
- Operational skills in managing the maintenance of the ship and its equipment;
- Ability to work in stressful situations while maintaining effective communication and professionalism;
- Knowledge of navigation monitoring systems useful for SAR operations.
- Prior experience in the role of First Deck Officer
- Experience in SAR operations and search at sea
- Knowledge of Italian language
- MAMS – MABEV or equivalent qualifications
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus, with headquarters in Via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan (MI) – Italy, is Data Controller under EU Regulation 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). Personal data will be processed for the purposes of seeking, selecting and managing hired personnel only by authorised staff and possibly disclosed to third parties who may be appointed as Data Processors. Personal data will be stored for no longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes without prejudice to any other rights under, obligations or protection means provided by Law. Data subjects can exercise their rights under Art. 15 et seq. of the GDPR mailing at email@example.com.
The Data Protection Officer appointed by the Controller is Mr. Nicola Tarantino, who can be mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, browse the complete Privacy Notice on this site.