First Deck Officer
Type of contract
To be defined
Valid certificate as Chief Mate for ships equal to or greater than 500 GT; valid certificate as GMDSS Operator
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
The First Deck Officer assists the Commander in the responsibilities of managing the ship, the safety of personnel and the performance of assigned activities.
The First Deck Officer is responsible for the familiarization for each person on board and is supportive of the Commander for ship activities. He/she ensures that all authorities’ requirements are updated and complied with, while training and coaching the crew to maintain standards in a process of continuous improvement. He/she is responsible for the operational organization of activities such as supplies, bunkers, reporting, documentation with the support and availability of the rest of the crew and embarked personnel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The First Deck Officer:
- Is operationally responsible for strategic decisions and operations during SAR or other ship activities;
- Assists with rescue operations in collaboration with the SAR Mission Coordinator;
- Assists the SAR Mission Coordinator in the management of people on board;
- Assists the SAR Mission Coordinator in the disembarkation phases.
- Valid certificate as Chief Mate for ships equal to or over 500 GT;
- Valid certificate as GMDSS Operator;
- Skills in crew training and achievement of objectives through teamwork;
- Willingness to work on watch duty;
- Operational skills in managing the maintenance of the ship and its equipment;
- Ability to work in stressful situations while maintaining effective communication and professionalism;
- Knowledge of navigation monitoring systems useful for SAR operations.
- Prior experience in the role of First Deck Officer
- Experience in SAR operations and search at sea
- Knowledge of Italian language
- MAMS – MABEV or equivalent qualifications
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus (head office at Via Santa Croce, 19 – 20122 Milano) is the data controller and will process your personal data for the purposes of searching for and selecting candidates for positions in the SAR ship’s crew. In line with requirements, candidates’ data will be sent to companies that specialise in recruitment, selection and management of ship’s crews, which will process the data independently, based on agreements with the ship’s owners. For more information on the purposes and methods of collecting data and its use, or to exercise your rights under articles 15 et seq. of the GDPR, you can write to the Chief Privacy Officer, Alessandro Bertani, at our organisation’s head office or by e-mail at email@example.com. The Data Protection Officer is Nicola Tarantino (firstname.lastname@example.org).