English and Italian (Italian language will be considered preferred required)
Type of contract
Fixed-term contract – paid (6 months). Starting from September/October 2023
at least 2 years of experience in grant administration, preferably gained in emergency humanitarian projects
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
The Grant Administrator is responsible for the administrative management of the grant, the control and monitoring of expenses and related reporting. S/he develops the monitoring plan of the activities, compiles and collects information on the technical part of the project activities, tracks in internal and external reports the progress of the activities. He/She supports the definition of new project proposals.
S/he collaborates with the Grant Management Desk in Milan in defining the strategy and relations with individual donors for the technical part of the planning and implementation of the proposed activities.
The Grant Administrator reports hierarchically to the Country Director on site and functionally to the Grant Management Desk in Milan (HQ).
WORK CONTEXT AND ORGANISATION
The Grant Administrator will be in charge of the overall support to EMERGENCY’s programme in Sudan, which currently includes the Salam Centre for Cardiac Surgery and the Centre for Emergency Surgery and Traumatology in Khartoum and the Paediatric Centres in Mayo, Nyala and Port Sudan.
With the outbreak of the conflict in the country, EMERGENCY set up an Emergency response, currently funded by OCHA (Sudan Humanitarian Fund) and AICS, maintaining and adapting the previous Development projects already funded (EU, AICS, 8 x mille). The country is in a phase of Humanitarian Emergency, with limited access to the intervention areas directly involved in the ongoing conflict (Khartoum and Nyala), therefore the monitoring component of these activities will be carried out remotely.
The Grants Administrator will be based at the Paediatric Centre in Port Sudan, the only access point for international flights in the country, an area currently not involved in the war conflict.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The main responsibilities and duties of the Grant Administrator are:
Managing ongoing projects funded by institutional donors:
- ensures the constant monitoring and correct implementation of the activities planned by the grant in the project documents, verifying any discrepancies (chronogram, activities and budget);
- produces the necessary documentation on activities, indicators and sources of verification in implementation and evaluation phases (internal and external);
- monitors that all departments involved correctly apply the administrative procedures required by the donors (purchasing and procurement management, stock and inventory, invoices and accounting, etc.);
- prepares the internal and technical-narrative reports required by donors;
- supports the administrator in preparing the administrative/accounting documentation of grants and organises the documentation required for audits;
- ensures compliance with on-site visibility constraints requested by donors and collaborates with the Grant Management Desk for more structured visibility actions.
External relations and planning:
- collaborates with the Grant Management Desk in Milan in drafting new project proposals;
- collaborates in promoting the organisation in order to scout for new institutional funding to support EMERGENCY’s activities;
- collaborates with the Country Director in representing the organisation in institutional contexts;
- actively participates in on-site coordination mechanisms (cluster meetings, humanitarian coordination, etc.) and maintains relations with donors and other stakeholders, with regard to the technical management of ongoing projects and the possibilities for future planning;
- manages relations with local counterparts (ministries and project partners) concerning project implementation within the guidelines established by the Country Director.
- Fluent knowledge of written and oral English (C1-C2 level of the European Scale);
- Minimum 2 years of experience in grant administration management, preferably gained in emergency humanitarian projects;
- Advanced knowledge of Project Cycle Management both in theory and practical implementation;
- Experience in financial reporting and monitoring as well as all administrative and procedural aspects related to compliance with institutional donor guidelines;
- Good knowledge of the funding guidelines and procedures of major institutional donors.
- Good knowledge of at least one of the following institutional donors: EU, OCHA, AICS;
- Experience in the use of monitoring and evaluation tools;
- Excellent knowledge of the Office package, especially Excel, and familiarity with the main IT tools;
- Aptitude for working in a team and under pressure, meeting deadlines;
- Knowledge of the Italian language, functional for dialogue with donors and the performance of daily activities, will be an asset;
- Master’s degree in PCM and related disciplines is considered a plus.
From September/October 2023, at least 6 months abroad including a period of paid leave to be taken at the end of the mission in agreement with the Coordinator.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): email@example.com. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus, with headquarters in Via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan (MI) – Italy, is Data Controller under EU Regulation 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). Personal data will be processed for the purposes of seeking, selecting and managing hired personnel only by authorised staff and possibly disclosed to third parties who may be appointed as Data Processors. Personal data will be stored for no longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes without prejudice to any other rights under, obligations or protection means provided by Law. Data subjects can exercise their rights under Art. 15 et seq. of the GDPR mailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Protection Officer appointed by the Controller is Mr. Nicola Tarantino, who can be mailed at email@example.com.
Please, browse the complete Privacy Notice on this site.