Central African Republic
Type of contract
Fixed-term contract – paid (6 months)
2-3 years of experience in the same professional role, advanced knowledge of PCM and financial procedures of institutional donors
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
The Grant Manager is responsible for the technical management of EMERGENCY projects financed by Institutional donors. In accordance with the Programme/Medical Coordinator in the field (PC/MC), the Grant Manager reports to the Projects Proposal Office in Milan to define the strategy and the relationships with single donors, the project proposal, the implementation of activities and the management of projects’ reports.
BACKGROUND AND ORGANISATION OF WORK
The Grant Manager co-ordinates, supervises and works alongside the non-medical national staff, managing the organisation of work and providing them with on-the-job training.
The Grant Manager is responsible to the Project Coordinator, and is in regular communication with the EMERGENCY Field Operations Department in Italy (HQ) regarding all aspects of the job.
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Management of running projects financed by institutional donors:
- to ensure the constant monitoring and the correct implementation of the project’s activities defined in the project documentation, verifying the eventual changes (chronogram, activity and budget);
- to create the necessary documentation for activities, indicators and monitoring sources in the phases of implementation and evaluation (internal and external);
- to monitor the correct implementation of all administrative procedures requested by donors from the involved departments (purchasing management, procurement, stocking, accounting and invoices);
- to collaborate with the administrator and the Office in Milan to define a transfer program for funds in the country;
- to prepare the internal and technical-narrative reports requested by donors;
- to prepare the necessary documentation for audits;
- to ensure the respect of exposure links requested by donors in the field and to collaborate with the Project Proposal Office in implementing more structured visibility actions.
External relations and project design:
- to collaborate with the Project Proposal Office in Milan for the drafting of new project proposals;
- to participate in cluster meetings in the field and to maintain relationships with donors and other stakeholders, concerning the technical management of projects and the possibility of future project proposals;
- to manage the relationship with local Institutions (Ministries, partners…) for the implementation of the project in the action plan defined with the PC/MC.
GUIDELINES, PROTOCOLS AND EQUIPMENT
Further information on the guidelines, management processes and protocols relevant to the post will be provided at interview and during the period of preparation for the mission.
The general requirements and conditions apply to all the international staff.
- Fluency in French written and spoken (level C1-C2 Europass);
- at least 2-3 years’ relevant work experience in the same role, acquired in humanitarian or development projects;
- advanced knowledge of Project Cycle Management in theory and practice;
- familiarity with the financial guidelines and procedures of the main donor agencies (EU, MAECI, UN agencies…);
- experience with monitoring and evaluation tools;
- experience in performance audit and financial monitoring, application of administrative standards and purchasing procedures;
- good knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel, and familiarity with the main IT tools;
- attitude to work in team and under pressure, respecting deadlines;
- preferable Master’s Degree in PCM.
6 months’ overseas stay including a period of leave to be taken at the end of the mission in agreement with the Coordinator.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Processing of Personal Data
Informative Notice Pursuant to Article 13, Legislative Decree No. 196/2003
EMERGENCY – Life Support for Civilian War Victims ONG ONLUS, with registered offices in via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan, Italy, in its capacity as owner of the data processing, will process your personal data manually and in electronic form for the purposes of selecting personnel and managing the relevant employment agreement, if any, and informing on the related institutional activity. The provision of your personal data is not mandatory. However, the failure to provide such data or the subsequent withdrawal of the authorization to process your personal data will prevent us from either entering into the employment agreement or subsequently managing such agreement. Your personal data may be disclosed to third parties and other facilities of EMERGENCY for the purpose of reviewing professional profiles and selecting personnel and in connection with your employment agreement, if any, also in foreign countries and outside the European Union. You will be entitled to exercise the rights granted by Article 7 of Legislative Decree No. 196/2003 by addressing your request to the person in charge of the data processing, Mr. Alessandro Bertani, via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan, Italy – email@example.com.