Type of contract
Fixed-term contract – paid (6 months)
2-3 years of experience in the same professional role, advanced knowledge of PCM and financial procedures of institutional donors
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
The Grant Manager is responsible for the technical management of EMERGENCY projects financed by Institutional donors. In accordance with the Programme/Medical Coordinator in the field (PC/MC), the Grant Manager reports to the Grant Management Desk in Milan to define the strategy and the relationships with single donors, the project proposal, the implementation of activities and the management of projects’ reports.
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
The main duties and responsibilities of the Grant Manager will be:
Management of running projects financed by institutional donors:
- to ensure the constant monitoring and the correct implementation of the project’s activities defined in the project documentation, verifying the eventual changes (chronogram, activity and budget);
- to create the necessary documentation for activities, indicators and monitoring sources in the phases of implementation and evaluation (internal and external);
- to monitor the correct implementation of all administrative procedures requested by donors from the involved departments (purchasing management, procurement, stocking, accounting and invoices);
- to prepare the internal and technical-narrative reports requested by donors;
- to collaborate with the Project Administrator to prepare the necessary documentation for audits;
- to ensure the respect of exposure links requested by donors in the field and to collaborate with the Grant Management Desk in implementing more structured visibility actions.
External relations and project design:
- to collaborate with the Grant Management Desk in Milan for the drafting of new project proposals;
- to participate in the employer branding of the Organization for researching new institutional funds to sustain EMERGENCY’s activities;
- to collaborate with the Project Coordinator in representing the Organization in institutional contexts;
- to actively participate in cluster meetings in the field and to maintain relationships with donors and other stakeholders, concerning the technical management of projects and the possibility of future project proposals;
- to manage the relationship with local Institutions (Ministries, partners…) for the implementation of the project in the action plan defined with the Project Coordinator.
- Fluency in English written and spoken (level C1-C2 Europass);
- at least 2-3 years’ relevant work experience in the same role, acquired in humanitarian or development projects;
- advanced knowledge of Project Cycle Management in theory and practice;
- ffamiliarity with the financial guidelines and procedures of the main donor agencies. Good knowledge of at least one of the following institutional donors: ECHO, OCHA, AICS;
- experience with monitoring and evaluation tools;
- financial reporting and monitoring skills, as well as all administrative and procedural aspects related to compliance with institutional donor guidelines;
- good knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel, and familiarity with the main IT tools;
- attitude to work in team and under pressure, respecting deadlines;
- preferable Master’s Degree in PCM (or similar).
6 months’ overseas stay including a period of leave to be taken at the end of the mission in agreement with the Coordinator.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus, with headquarters in Via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan (MI) – Italy, is Data Controller under EU Regulation 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). Personal data will be processed for the purposes of seeking, selecting and managing hired personnel only by authorised staff and possibly disclosed to third parties who may be appointed as Data Processors. Personal data will be stored for no longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes without prejudice to any other rights under, obligations or protection means provided by Law. Data subjects can exercise their rights under Art. 15 et seq. of the GDPR mailing at email@example.com.
The Data Protection Officer appointed by the Controller is Mr. Nicola Tarantino, who can be mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, browse the complete Privacy Notice on this site.