Hospital IT System Administrator
Type of contract
Paid - 6 months
Management of network devices and protocols and their security appliances
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
The IT System Administrator is responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of the system’s hardware and software and related infrastructure both in the hospital and in the residential area.
(S)He is involved in technical research and development to guarantee continuous innovation within the infrastructure.
BACKGROUND AND ORGANISATION OF WORK
The Entebbe Paediatric Surgery Centre, located in Uganda, on the shores of Lake Victoria and the Salam Centre for Cardiac Surgery, located in the Sudanese capital Khartoum and, are part of the project “Healthcare Excellence Network in Africa” created in 2009 in order to develop free and excellent health systems in African Countries, in collaboration with the African Network of Medical Excellence (ANME).
The Hospital IT System Administrator is in charge of the teaching and supervision of the local IT Staff.
(S)He is responsible to the Hospital Manager and to the IT Field Operations Department based in Milan.
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
The main duties and responsibilities consist in providing the following services:
- Collaborating, supervising and teaching the IT national staff;
- Managing the infrastructure, including firewalls, switches, databases, VoiP, malware protection software and other processes;
- Creating and verifying data backups and disaster recovery procedures;
- Creating, contributing and maintaining an updated documentation;
- Monitoring the system daily and responding immediately to security or usability concerns;
- Upgrading systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution;
- Collecting needs/requests and proposing solutions;
- Managing the configuration and operation of client-based computer operating systems;
- Responding to the help desk requests and solving them;
- Installing and testing computer-related equipment;
- Knowledge of Active Directory and management of Windows domains;
- Management of network devices and protocols and their security appliances;
- Knowledge of Vlans and VOIP technologies;
- Knowledge of virtualized environments;
- Knowledge and management of Windows servers and client environments;
- knowledge of main Office Automation and collaboration solutions;
- Knowledge of RDBMS and web servers;
- Fuency in English.
- Previous experience with biomedical devices;
- Previous experience in this role in hospital environments.
6 months’ overseas stay including a period of leave to be taken at the end of the mission in agreement with the coordinator.
- a monthly salary based on a standardised salary scale for the role;
- travel expenses, lodging, insurance cover (liability, health and accident insurance);
- a period of paid leave (20 days) to be taken at the end of the mission.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): email@example.com. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus, with headquarters in Via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan (MI) – Italy, is Data Controller under EU Regulation 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). Personal data will be processed for the purposes of seeking, selecting and managing hired personnel only by authorised staff and possibly disclosed to third parties who may be appointed as Data Processors. Personal data will be stored for no longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes without prejudice to any other rights under, obligations or protection means provided by Law. Data subjects can exercise their rights under Art. 15 et seq. of the GDPR mailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Protection Officer appointed by the Controller is Mr. Nicola Tarantino, who can be mailed at email@example.com.
Please, browse the complete Privacy Notice on this site.