Hospital IT System Administrator
Type of contract
Paid - 6 months from January 2018
Management of network devices and protocols and their security appliances
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
The Salam Centre Hospital IT System Administrator is responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of the system’s hardware and software and related infrastructure both in the hospital and in the guest house. (S)He is involved in technical research and development to guarantee continuous innovation within the infrastructure.
BACKGROUND AND ORGANISATION OF WORK
The Salam Centre for Cardiac Surgery, located in the Sudanese capital Khartoum, offers high-standard surgical care to children and adults suffering from acquired or congenital heart diseases
Due to the high standards of the hospital, there is a fully equipped LAN made of firewalls, servers, clients, switches and other network devices (including specific medical systems). The Hospital IT System Administrator is in charge of the teaching and supervision of the local IT Staff.
(S)He is responsible to the Hospital Manager and to the IT Field Operations Department based in Milan.
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- managing the infrastructure, including firewalls, switches, databases, voip, malware protection software and other processes;
- monitoring the system daily and responding immediately to security or usability concerns;
- collecting needs/requests and proposing solutions;
- upgrading systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution;
- creating and verifying backups of data and disaster recovery procedures;
- managing the configuration and operation of client-based computer operating systems;
- responding to the help desk requests and solving them;
- installing and testing computer-related equipment;
- supervising and teaching the IT national staff.
- knowledge of Active Directory and management of windows domains;
- management of network devices and protocols and their security appliances;
- knowledge of Vlans and VOIP technologies;
- knowledge of virtualized environments;
- knowledge and management of Windows servers and client environments;
- knowledge of main Office Automation and collaboration solutions;
- fluency in English.
- Maintenance and management of Apache Tomcat Servlet;
- Maintenance and management of Mysql (RDBMS);
- Previous experience in this role in hospital environments.
6 months’ overseas stay including a period of leave to be taken at the end of the mission in agreement with the coordinator.
- a monthly salary based on a standardised salary scale for the role;
- travel expenses, lodging, insurance cover (liability, health and accident insurance);
- a period of paid leave (20 days) to be taken at the end of the mission.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): email@example.com. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Processing of Personal Data
Informative Notice Pursuant to Article 13, Legislative Decree No. 196/2003
EMERGENCY – Life Support for Civilian War Victims ONG ONLUS, with registered offices in via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan, Italy, in its capacity as owner of the data processing, will process your personal data manually and in electronic form for the purposes of selecting personnel and managing the relevant employment agreement, if any, and informing on the related institutional activity. The provision of your personal data is not mandatory. However, the failure to provide such data or the subsequent withdrawal of the authorization to process your personal data will prevent us from either entering into the employment agreement or subsequently managing such agreement. Your personal data may be disclosed to third parties and other facilities of EMERGENCY for the purpose of reviewing professional profiles and selecting personnel and in connection with your employment agreement, if any, also in foreign countries and outside the European Union. You will be entitled to exercise the rights granted by Article 7 of Legislative Decree No. 196/2003 by addressing your request to the person in charge of the data processing, Mr. Alessandro Bertani, via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan, Italy – firstname.lastname@example.org.