Type of contract
Paid - 6 months (with long-term perspective)
Concrete experience in managing facilities, processes and teams
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
The Hospital Manager plays a coordinating role, linking the technical and logistics departments within the Hospital by making sure that quality standards are met, and that protocols adopted by the Organization are correctly applied, in close collaboration with the Medical Division. He/She implements and participates in the development of a hospital management policy that embraces structure, processes and organizational culture.
The Hospital Manager reports directly to the Medical Coordinator and the Logistics & Supply Desk of the Field Operations Department (FOD). He/she interacts functionally with the FOD Desks, each for their respective area of responsibility.
He/she works closely with and under the supervision of the Medical Division with the aim of ensuring prompt and adequate response to the needs of the Hospital.
The heads of the following departments report directly to him:
– Logistics & Supply
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The main duties and responsibilities of the Hospital Manager are:
– Coordinate all activities of the departments reporting directly to him/her, both ordinary and extraordinary. This includes planning and monitoring maintenance activities in the areas of construction, energy (sources and distribution), HVAC/CVC, water and sanitation and related types of drains, IT, equipment and systems supporting medical hazardous and general/recyclable waste, cold chain, laundry, medical gas generation and distribution systems.
– Ensure the implementation of fire prevention and other safety measures (food safety, electrical, radiation protection, occupational hygiene and safety) consistent with national laws/regulations.
– Ensure the implementation of Security Policies established by the HQ and Country Director.
– Plan new works (adaptation of the Hospital structure and to new programs and/or different orientation of existing programs) and provide direct support in setting up during the commissioning phase of new health facilities.
– Organize and manage various (preventive and corrective) maintenance tools.
– Ensure the proper management of hospital supplies, from ordering to inventory management and distribution.
– Ensure the proper functioning of hospital facilities and infrastructure (both installation and maintenance and/or development).
– Ensure daily delivery of quality auxiliary services (laundry, hospital hygiene, kitchen etc.) in line with EMERGENCY standards.
– Participate in drafting and monitoring the budget related to technical and logistical activities with the support of the project administrator. Where necessary, the HM will be asked to submit to the FOD a forecast of expenses in view of new works and/or expansion of activities.
– Ensure, in collaboration with the Logistics & Supply Desk, adequate procurement services for all technical, pharmaceutical/biomedical, materials and consumables. Collaborate in the writing and management of shipping plans, liaise with freight forwarders, and contribute to the preparation of transportation documentation and related customs paperwork management in projects.
– Ensure the proper management of all warehouses within the project in physical and accounting terms (with the exception of the Hospital Pharmacy). Specifically, the HM will be responsible for:
- the implementation of inventories, monitoring, collection and analysis of the logistics indicators of competence and the production of related reporting (e.g. warehouse reporting);
- the Handling activities of the Italy warehouse (goods storage and maintenance, handling, picking, processing activities);
- the management of the infrastructure (including IT), of the fleet of vehicles/equipment available and of the refill of all the material necessary for the proper implementation of warehouse activities.
– Manage EMERGENCY’s vehicle fleet and follow its related maintenance.
– Ensure the creation and monitoring of a data management system (consumption, maintenance, inventory etc.) related to the areas of his/her responsibility.
– Develop methodologies, evaluation tools and qualitative and quantitative indicators for hospital management.
– Draft activity reports to share with relevant Desks, the state of the art of hospital management and make technical and/or organizational proposals with the aim of improving its operation.
In close collaboration with Department Managers and the Field HR Manager, the Hospital Manager will need to:
– Lead and manage the non-health team, identifying work objectives and dictating their priorities;
– Plan and supervise resources, namely:
- Participate in the recruitment process and hire local staff according to national labour laws and procedures;
- Continuously train staff and identify suitable individuals for positions of responsibility;
- Periodically evaluate performance and return feedback looking to staff development and effective internal team communication.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Facility Management or similar and/or established professional experience in managing facilities, processes and teams
– Strong technical/management background
– Methodical approach, excellent planning and work organization skills
– Excellent communication and negotiation skills
– Leadership skills and ability to train the team
– Good reporting and analytical skills
– Good knowledge of the English language (written and spoken minimum level B2)
– Experience with other NGOs in developing countries is considered a plus.
At least 6 months of staying in the field, including a period of paid leave to be agreed upon with the Area Director.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus, with headquarters in Via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan (MI) – Italy, is Data Controller under EU Regulation 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). Personal data will be processed for the purposes of seeking, selecting and managing hired personnel only by authorised staff and possibly disclosed to third parties who may be appointed as Data Processors. Personal data will be stored for no longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes without prejudice to any other rights under, obligations or protection means provided by Law. Data subjects can exercise their rights under Art. 15 et seq. of the GDPR mailing at email@example.com.
The Data Protection Officer appointed by the Controller is Mr. Nicola Tarantino, who can be mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, browse the complete Privacy Notice on this site.