HR Field Manager
Afghanistan, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Uganda, Yemen
Type of contract
Paid – 6 months
Experience in Management and Development of Human Resources
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
Aiming for a strategic approach to human resources management on projects, we are looking for an HR Field Manager able to ensure HR services consistent with the strategic plan of the Organization and responding to operational challenges within the projects.
The HR Field Manager will report to the Project Coordinators (Medical Coordinator/Programme Coordinator), and will collaborate with the Training Programme Manager and the HR & Administration Department in Milan.
The HR Field Manager will be responsible for the proper implementation and development of the human resources policies in the field, as well as the maintenance of an adequate level of communication between various levels (project leaders and Field Operations Department) to raise professional standards and human resources development.
Duties and responsibilities
- He/She is responsible for the adequate application of HR processes, politics and procedures in the field (recruitment, remuneration, management and training and development plans), in line with the strategic plan;
- He/She participates in and contributes to the drafting and updating of HR Policies in collaboration with the FOD HR & Administration Department;
- He/She provides the HR Policy Manager (FOD) with any relevant information that may require policy changes/exceptions in response to project-specific priorities/requirements, discussed and agreed with the Project Coordinators.
HR Recruitment, Management & Administration
- Based on the staff needs reported by the Staff Planning Manager (FOD), He/She takes action to start all the necessary processes for the introduction of new resources: recruiting and selection activities, relations with the labour law authorities for the stipulation of employment contracts in compliance with national legislation and with the Salary Policy defined by EMERGENCY.
- He/She is responsible for the personnel administration activities (preparing and managing the documentation related to the employment relationship and making any formally required communication by current regulations).
- He/She is responsible for the ordinary management of human resources in the field, in accordance with legal requirements and HR vision defined by EMERGENCY policies.
- He/She is responsible for managing and resolving disputes with national staff
- He/She manages the documental archive relating to the employee’s history and is responsible for creating, based on requests, reports and statistics on personnel.
- He/She promotes initiatives aimed at fostering a welfare policy on mission, a greater awareness of the Organization culture, its mission and its characterizing values, helping to make every single employee feeling part of the project.
- He/She plays a Focal Point role for the resolution of any conflicts within the project.
Learning & Development
- He/She provides specialized, organizational and bureaucratic support to the Training Programme Manager (for the medical/health field) and to the Managers of each department (non-health field), from the planning phase to the evaluation of the training offer, in order to make it effective and adequately supported by models, methods and tools for the evaluation of resources.
- He/She promotes career paths and suggests development plans to Project Coordinators and Department Managers in order to enhance their resources potential and increase their motivation and sense of belonging to the Organization.
- He/She advises and guides Project Coordinators/Department Managers in the execution of their resource management tasks, making them aware of the importance of performance evaluation and feedback restitution.
- 3 years of experience in Human Resources Management and Development or 5 years of experience as HR Generalist within structured and complex realities;
- Motivation to work in the humanitarian field and sharing of EMERGENCY’s values and mission;
- Good communication and relational skills. Ability to interact with different levels of the Organization and to listen to everyone’s needs in order to translate them into advice and possible solutions/action plans;
- Ability to guide and support the key roles of the project in people management and development;
- Analytical and organisational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure, supporting intense work rhythms;
- Fluency in English (C1 level minimum);
- Good knowledge of Excel. Familiarity with HR management software is preferred;
- Previous experience in HR in humanitarian projects is preferred.
6 months’ overseas stay including a period of leave to be taken at the end of the mission in agreement with the Coordinator.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): email@example.com. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus, with headquarters in Via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan (MI) – Italy, is Data Controller under EU Regulation 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). Personal data will be processed for the purposes of seeking, selecting and managing hired personnel only by authorised staff and possibly disclosed to third parties who may be appointed as Data Processors. Personal data will be stored for no longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes without prejudice to any other rights under, obligations or protection means provided by Law. Data subjects can exercise their rights under Art. 15 et seq. of the GDPR mailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Protection Officer appointed by the Controller is Mr. Nicola Tarantino, who can be mailed at email@example.com.
Please, browse the complete Privacy Notice on this site.