Logistician – Hospital Pharmacy Management
Central African Republic, Sierra Leone
French and/or English
Type of contract
Paid - 6 months
At least 2 years of experience in the field in the Health/Hospital Sector or in Health Logistics
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
The international logistician in charge of the hospital pharmacy management carries out his/her role in close collaboration with the most experienced members of the local health care and technical staff in each department, so as to constantly monitor the needs of the hospital and facilitate the regular functioning of clinical, therapeutic and welfare activities. He/she will be in regular communication with the Medical Procurement Office and the Medical Division of EMERGENCY in Italy (HQ).
He/she reports to the Medical Coordinator, who is responsible for the management and organization of the project.
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
The main duties and responsibilities of the logistician are:
- to manage the hospital warehouses, ensuring safety, the correct maintenance of the medical stock and the proper storing conditions;
- to guarantee the proper availability of stocks necessary for the correct development of clinical, therapeutic and medical activities;
- to check the stocks (inventory activity) on monthly basis, predicting the regular projects’ necessities, reporting to the Medical Coordinator of proximities of stock shortage, and monitoring the inventory value and the Inventory Corrections;
- to manage the goods’ distribution to all departments, in close cooperation with the Head Nurse and the Medical Coordinator; to carefully monitor weekly/monthly consumptions; and to evaluate the department requests’ suitability;
- to elaborate on and plan the provision orders to local and foreign suppliers and submit them to the Medical Coordinator for approval;
- to manage the local procurement process, taking into consideration the criteria given by donors in case of financed projects; and to manage the relationships with local suppliers, ask for estimates, do market research to find new suppliers and ensure better procurement conditions (price, quality, service, reliability);
- to cooperate with the logistics team for import procedures on materials coming from Italy;
- to supervise and train the local staff on the project;
- to carry out reporting activities, updating daily the DB on warehouse management and giving proper communication to the HQ Procurement Desk in Italy;
- to monitor the expenses and assist the Medical Coordinator in the definition of the budget.
- 2 years’ minimum of experience in the field in the Health/Hospital Sector or in Health Logistics;
- Degree or Masters in Health Logistics, Supply Chain or Specialization in Hospital Pharmacy (or equivalent);
- aptitude for working autonomously and coordinating a team;
- experience in the use of relevant warehouse management software;
- good level of English and/or French;
- solid motivation for the humanitarian sector;
- good organizational and logistical skills;
- aptitude for problem solving in dynamic contexts.
6 months’ overseas stay including a period of leave to be taken at the end of the mission in agreement with the coordinator.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): email@example.com. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Processing of Personal Data
Informative Notice Pursuant to Article 13, Legislative Decree No. 196/2003
EMERGENCY – Life Support for Civilian War Victims ONG ONLUS, with registered offices in via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan, Italy, in its capacity as owner of the data processing, will process your personal data manually and in electronic form for the purposes of selecting personnel and managing the relevant employment agreement, if any, and informing on the related institutional activity. The provision of your personal data is not mandatory. However, the failure to provide such data or the subsequent withdrawal of the authorization to process your personal data will prevent us from either entering into the employment agreement or subsequently managing such agreement. Your personal data may be disclosed to third parties and other facilities of EMERGENCY for the purpose of reviewing professional profiles and selecting personnel and in connection with your employment agreement, if any, also in foreign countries and outside the European Union. You will be entitled to exercise the rights granted by Article 7 of Legislative Decree No. 196/2003 by addressing your request to the person in charge of the data processing, Mr. Alessandro Bertani, via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan, Italy – firstname.lastname@example.org.