Afghanistan, Sierra Leone, Sudan
Type of contract
Paid - 6 months
At least 2 years of relevant work experience in Facility Management
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
In this role you will be responsible for the management of all the logistical and organisational procedures of the project.
BACKGROUND AND ORGANISATION OF WORK
In this role you will co-ordinate, supervise and work alongside the non-medical national staff (security guards, cleaning staff, drivers, cooks, maintenance staff etc), managing the organisation of work and providing them with on-the-job training.
The International Logistician is responsible to the Project Coordinator, but is in regular communication with the EMERGENCY Humanitarian Office in Italy (HQ) regarding all aspects of the job.
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- to collaborate with the Project Coordinator to guarantee security regulations are followed;
- to manage and provide documents for the movement of international staff within the country of work (visas, tickets…);
- to manage, provide documents and obtain customs clearance for the movement of materials for the project (cargo, shipping containers…) ensuring that the procedures defined by HQ regarding the loading and unloading of stores are followed;
- to guarantee the correct management of the motor pool (vehicles);
- to regularly check all communications systems are working correctly (THURAYA, radio, internet connections…);
- to guarantee the day-to-day running and maintenance of all auxiliary services (kitchen, canteen, laundry…) and standards of hygiene in all areas of the hospital and international staff accommodation;
- to ensure the correct management of purchases, to manage relations with suppliers to provide essential goods and services (water, food, fuel, spare parts, generators…) and to check the quality of local supplies;
- to monitor maintenance of the equipment, systems and structures of the project through a plan agreed with the Technical Division (HQ);
- to promptly report anomalies in the functioning of the biomedical equipment and coordinate any repairs with the Biomedical Division (HQ);
- to share and send record files, with data and a written report completed on a monthly basis.
GUIDELINES, PROTOCOLS AND EQUIPMENT
Further information on the guidelines, protocols and management processes relevant to the post along with details of the instruments and equipment available will be provided at interview and during the period of preparation for the mission.
The general requirements and conditions are the same as for other international personnel roles.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering Management, or Business Economics, or Political Science;
- at least 2 years’ relevant work experience in commercial or non-profit making organisations;
- Masters degree in Development Studies (or similar) preferred;
- experience in managing petty cash;
- good Facility Management skills;
- a working knowledge of electronics and mechanics would be an advantage, but is not essential.
6 months’ overseas stay including a period of leave to be taken at the end of the mission in agreement with the coordinator.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): email@example.com. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus, with headquarters in Via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan (MI) – Italy, is Data Controller under EU Regulation 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). Personal data will be processed for the purposes of seeking, selecting and managing hired personnel only by authorised staff and possibly disclosed to third parties who may be appointed as Data Processors. Personal data will be stored for no longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes without prejudice to any other rights under, obligations or protection means provided by Law. Data subjects can exercise their rights under Art. 15 et seq. of the GDPR mailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Protection Officer appointed by the Controller is Mr. Nicola Tarantino, who can be mailed at email@example.com.
Please, browse the complete Privacy Notice on this site.