Afghanistan, Central African Republic, Iraq, Sierra Leone, Sudan
English or French
Type of contract
Paid - 6 months
At least 2 years of relevant work experience in Facility Management
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
In this role you will be responsible for the management of all the logistical and organisational procedures of the project.
BACKGROUND AND ORGANISATION OF WORK
In this role you will co-ordinate, supervise and work alongside the non-medical national staff (security guards, cleaning staff, drivers, cooks, maintenance staff etc), managing the organisation of work and providing them with on-the-job training.
The International Logistician is responsible to the Project Coordinator, but is in regular communication with the EMERGENCY Humanitarian Office in Italy (HQ) regarding all aspects of the job.
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- to collaborate with the Project Coordinator to guarantee security regulations are followed;
- to manage and provide documents for the movement of international staff within the country of work (visas, tickets…);
- to manage, provide documents and obtain customs clearance for the movement of materials for the project (cargo, shipping containers…) ensuring that the procedures defined by HQ regarding the loading and unloading of stores are followed;
- to guarantee the correct management of the motor pool (vehicles);
- to regularly check all communications systems are working correctly (THURAYA, radio, internet connections…);
- to guarantee the day-to-day running and maintenance of all auxiliary services (kitchen, canteen, laundry…) and standards of hygiene in all areas of the hospital and international staff accommodation;
- to ensure the correct management of purchases, to manage relations with suppliers to provide essential goods and services (water, food, fuel, spare parts, generators…) and to check the quality of local supplies;
- to monitor maintenance of the equipment, systems and structures of the project through a plan agreed with the Technical Division (HQ);
- to promptly report anomalies in the functioning of the biomedical equipment and coordinate any repairs with the Biomedical Division (HQ);
- to share and send record files, with data and a written report completed on a monthly basis.
GUIDELINES, PROTOCOLS AND EQUIPMENT
Further information on the guidelines, protocols and management processes relevant to the post along with details of the instruments and equipment available will be provided at interview and during the period of preparation for the mission.
The general requirements and conditions are the same as for other international personnel roles.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering Management, or Business Economics, or Political Science;
- at least 2 years’ relevant work experience in commercial or non-profit making organisations;
- Masters degree in Development Studies (or similar) preferred;
- experience in managing petty cash;
- good Facility Management skills;
- a working knowledge of electronics and mechanics would be an advantage, but is not essential.
6 months’ overseas stay including a period of leave to be taken at the end of the mission in agreement with the coordinator.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Processing of Personal Data
Informative Notice Pursuant to Article 13, Legislative Decree No. 196/2003
EMERGENCY – Life Support for Civilian War Victims ONG ONLUS, with registered offices in via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan, Italy, in its capacity as owner of the data processing, will process your personal data manually and in electronic form for the purposes of selecting personnel and managing the relevant employment agreement, if any, and informing on the related institutional activity. The provision of your personal data is not mandatory. However, the failure to provide such data or the subsequent withdrawal of the authorization to process your personal data will prevent us from either entering into the employment agreement or subsequently managing such agreement. Your personal data may be disclosed to third parties and other facilities of EMERGENCY for the purpose of reviewing professional profiles and selecting personnel and in connection with your employment agreement, if any, also in foreign countries and outside the European Union. You will be entitled to exercise the rights granted by Article 7 of Legislative Decree No. 196/2003 by addressing your request to the person in charge of the data processing, Mr. Alessandro Bertani, via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan, Italy – email@example.com.