Type of contract
To be defined
Valid certificate as Master for ships equal to or greater than 500 GT; valid certificate as GMDSS Operator
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
The Master is responsible for the entire management of the ship. In particular, he/she is responsible for the safety of the personnel, the ship and the performance of the assigned activities.
The Master ensures the updating and observance of all requirements requested by the authorities, and simultaneously trains and coaches the crew to keep standards in a process of continuous improvement.
He/she is responsible for the ship’s administrative activities such as supplies, bunkers, reporting, documentation with full support and availability of the rest of the crew and embarked personnel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Is responsible for strategic decisions during SAR or other activities;
- Coordinates rescue operations in collaboration with the SAR Mission Coordinator;
- Supports the SAR Mission Coordinator in the management of people on board;
- Supports the SAR Mission Coordinator in the phases of disembarkation;
- Manages specific cases, in coordination with the Medical Coordinator
- Valid certificate as Master for ships equal or superior to 500 GT;
- Valid certificate as GMDSS Operator ;
- Ability to train crew and achieve objectives through teamwork;
- Ability to work in stressful situations while maintaining effective communication and professionalism;
- Knowledge of navigation monitoring systems useful for SAR operations;
- Ability to delegate
- Prior experience in the role of Commander;
- Experience in SAR operations and search at sea;
- Knowledge of Italian language;
- MAMS – MABEV qualification or equivalent.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus (head office at Via Santa Croce, 19 – 20122 Milano) is the data controller and will process your personal data for the purposes of searching for and selecting candidates for positions in the SAR ship’s crew. In line with requirements, candidates’ data will be sent to companies that specialise in recruitment, selection and management of ship’s crews, which will process the data independently, based on agreements with the ship’s owners. For more information on the purposes and methods of collecting data and its use, or to exercise your rights under articles 15 et seq. of the GDPR, you can write to the Chief Privacy Officer, Alessandro Bertani, at our organisation’s head office or by e-mail at email@example.com. The Data Protection Officer is Nicola Tarantino (firstname.lastname@example.org).