Afghanistan, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Uganda, Yemen
Type of contract
Fixed-term contract (6 months)
Specialisation in Hospital Pharmacy; experience in the management of pharmaceutical supplies, consumables and other medical materials for hospitals and/or health centres
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
This role requires the complete management of a hospital pharmacy from the order, the reception and the storage of medical supplies, to the control of suitability in the management of departments’ requests.
BACKGROUND AND ORGANISATION OF WORK
The international Hospital Pharmacist carries out his/her role in close collaboration with the most experienced members of the local health care and technical staff in each department, so as to constantly monitor the needs of the hospital and facilitate the regular functioning of clinical, therapeutic and welfare activities. He/she will be in regular communication with the Pharmacy Desk and the Medical Division of EMERGENCY in Italy (HQ).
The international pharmacist reports to the Medical Coordinator, who is responsible for the management and organisation of the project.
The main area of work is:
- HOSPITAL PHARMACY
The pharmacist is present in the hospital 6 days a week. He/she will have information technology systems at your disposal, and the support of the international logistics staff. He/she will coordinate the national staff (pharmacists and stores assistants) in the correct receipt, storage, conservation and distribution of pharmacy materials.
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
All EMERGENCY international personnel are expected to know and follow the hospital admissions criteria, guidelines, protocols, and the diagnosis and treatment standards in use in the Centre, and to ensure the correct compilation of clinical records and statistics in both computer and paper formats.
The main duties and responsibilities of the hospital pharmacist are:
- to manage the purchases in Italy or in the field (costs and quality evaluation, comparative analysis of similar products, selection of new products to insert in the handbook with the support of EMERGENCY’s Medical Division; storage and distribution to guarantee the traceability of the items);
- to monitor the usage (of medical supplies, consumables or reagent) once received the request from a department, evaluating the consumption and the adherence to protocols in use;
- to cooperate with the coordinators of the Paediatric Centres and/or First Aid Posts, connected with the hospital for the efficient planning and management of pharmaceuticals and medical materials in use;
- to cooperate with the logistic area in the acquisition of products coming from Italy;
- to monitor the purchase (budget definition and monitoring);
- to monitor the safety in quality of drug control responsible.
MANAGEMENT AND TRAINING OF LOCAL PERSONNEL
Work is always carried out alongside and in collaboration with local personnel, who thus benefit from training in the field.
GUIDELINES, PROTOCOLS AND EQUIPMENT
Further information on the guidelines, protocols and clinical services relevant to the post along with details of the instruments and equipment available will be provided at interview and during the period of preparation for the mission.
The general requirements and conditions apply to all the international staff.
- Degree in Pharmacy, Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Technology (CPT) and specialization in Hospital Pharmacy or equivalent (Pharmacology);
- experience in the management of pharmaceutical supplies, consumables and other medical materials for hospitals and/or health centres;
- experience in the use of relevant management software;
- good organisational and logistical skills;
- for Sudan, experience in Cardiac Surgery departments/centres would be an advantage.
6 months’ overseas stay including a period of leave to be taken at the end of the mission in agreement with the coordinator.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus, with headquarters in Via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan (MI) – Italy, is Data Controller under EU Regulation 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). Personal data will be processed for the purposes of seeking, selecting and managing hired personnel only by authorised staff and possibly disclosed to third parties who may be appointed as Data Processors. Personal data will be stored for no longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes without prejudice to any other rights under, obligations or protection means provided by Law. Data subjects can exercise their rights under Art. 15 et seq. of the GDPR mailing at email@example.com.
The Data Protection Officer appointed by the Controller is Mr. Nicola Tarantino, who can be mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, browse the complete Privacy Notice on this site.