Type of contract
To be defined
Experience in Central Mediterranean Sea and/or Aegean Sea SAR operations
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
The role requires the complete management of the dynamics arising from the rescue at sea on board the RHIB. The Rescuer collaborates at all times with the members of the SAR Team and in particular with the other members of the RHIB Team.
The Rescuer reports directly to the SAR Mission Coordinator and refers to the RHIB Team Leader during the rescue operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Is involved in dash-board watch and search shifts during search operations;
- Is in charge of the pre and post operations RHIB setup in collaboration with other RHIB Team members;
- Is responsible for the checklists, care and maintenance of the floating devices on board the RHIB in use during SAR operations and those on board the ship;
- In collaboration with the RHIB Team, carries out the embarkation/disembarkation of the rescued people on/off the RHIB;
- In case of extreme necessity, assists the Rescue Swimmer from the RHIB during water rescue actions;
- In collaboration with the entire SAR Team, is responsible for the assistance and management of rescued persons, once on board;
- Has to be available to carry out other tasks according to the activities derived from SAR operations;
- Contributes to the professional training of the SAR Team.
- Experience in Central Mediterranean Sea and/or Aegean Sea SAR operations.
- Navigation experience
- IMO-STCW certificates
- Training courses required by IMO-STCW
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): email@example.com. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus, with headquarters in Via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan (MI) – Italy, is Data Controller under EU Regulation 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). Personal data will be processed for the purposes of seeking, selecting and managing hired personnel only by authorised staff and possibly disclosed to third parties who may be appointed as Data Processors. Personal data will be stored for no longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes without prejudice to any other rights under, obligations or protection means provided by Law. Data subjects can exercise their rights under Art. 15 et seq. of the GDPR mailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Protection Officer appointed by the Controller is Mr. Nicola Tarantino, who can be mailed at email@example.com.
Please, browse the complete Privacy Notice on this site.