Type of contract
To be defined
Previous experience in the role, valid certificate as Sailor, RHIB driving license
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
The Sailor takes part in on-call shifts and observes the assigned duties for the proper management of the ship and the specific task assigned. The Sailor is responsible for the safety of assigned equipment and must ensure excellent communication with the rest of the crew during all phases of work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Ensures required maintenance standards and adherence to environmental protection safety procedures;
– Is subject to on-call shifts;
– Assists with SAR operations or other ship activities;
– Assists with rescue operations in conjunction with Officers and the SAR Mission Coordinator.
– Valid certificate as a Seaman qualified for watch keeping for vessels equal to or greater than 500 GT;
– Prior experience in the role of Sailor;
– Skill in driving RHIBs (MAMS – MABEV or equivalent);
– Ability to achieve goals through teamwork;
– Willingness to work on-call shifts;
– Operational skills in managing the maintenance of the vessel and its equipment;
– Ability to work under stressful situations while maintaining effective communication and professionalism;
– Knowledge of navigation monitoring systems useful for SAR operations.
– Experience in SAR operations and research at sea
– Knowledge of Italian language
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): email@example.com. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus (head office at Via Santa Croce, 19 – 20122 Milano) is the data controller and will process your personal data for the purposes of searching for and selecting candidates for positions in the SAR ship’s crew. In line with requirements, candidates’ data will be sent to companies that specialise in recruitment, selection and management of ship’s crews, which will process the data independently, based on agreements with the ship’s owners. For more information on the purposes and methods of collecting data and its use, or to exercise your rights under articles 15 et seq. of the GDPR, you can write to the Chief Privacy Officer, Alessandro Bertani, at our organisation’s head office or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Data Protection Officer is Nicola Tarantino (email@example.com).