SAR Logistics Officer
Type of contract
Paid - 6 months
Experience in management of assets, consumption, budgets and shipments.
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
The SAR Logistics Officer manages the ship and SAR support activities in close collaboration with the SAR Project Coordinator and the other Desks of the Field Operation Department.
He/she is responsible for organizing SAR operations for procurement, personnel rotation, and budget control. The SAR Logistics Officer reports directly to the SAR PC.
The role requires good autonomy in managing assets, consumption, budgets, shipments and excellent ability to work in a team under stress. He/she will mainly be working in EMERGENCY HQ’s office in Milan but he/she will be available for scheduled boarding periods to replace colleagues of the SAR Team in case of need.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The SAR Logistics Officer:
- collaborates with the Project Coordinator in ensuring compliance with safety regulations;
- manages and documents the movement of international staff within the project country (visas, tickets …);
- manage and registers the movement and customs clearance of materials for the project (cargo, containers…), ensuring compliance with the loading/unloading procedures of the warehouses provided by the HQ;
- ensures proper management of purchases and relationships with suppliers for the procurement of essential goods (water, food, fuel, spare parts, generators…) and verify the quality of local supplies;
- monitors project management activities;
- shares and submits monitoring files filled with data and narrative reporting on a monthly basis.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in management roles;
- Experience managing large numbers of people;
- Experience in multicultural and migration settings.
- IMO-STCW Certificates
- Training courses required by IMO-STCW
- MAMS – MABE qualifications
- Experience in SAR operations in Central Mediterranean and/or Aegean Sea.
6 months including a period of paid leave to be taken at the end of the mission in agreement with the Coordinator.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus, with headquarters in Via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan (MI) – Italy, is Data Controller under EU Regulation 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). Personal data will be processed for the purposes of seeking, selecting and managing hired personnel only by authorised staff and possibly disclosed to third parties who may be appointed as Data Processors. Personal data will be stored for no longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes without prejudice to any other rights under, obligations or protection means provided by Law. Data subjects can exercise their rights under Art. 15 et seq. of the GDPR mailing at email@example.com.
The Data Protection Officer appointed by the Controller is Mr. Nicola Tarantino, who can be mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, browse the complete Privacy Notice on this site.