SAR Mission Coordinator (SAR-Co)
Type of contract
To be defined
Experience in Central Mediterranean SAR operations of at least 2 years in similar roles
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
The SAR Mission Coordinator is EMERGENCY’s focal point for on board SAR operations. The role requires the complete management of the SAR Team, SAR operations and related pre and post recovery activities.
Each phase will be managed in close collaboration with the Commander and the SAR Project Coordinator.
The SAR Mission Coordinator reports directly to the SAR Project Coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The SAR Mission Coordinator:
- Is responsible for strategic decisions during SAR operations;
- Coordinates rescue operations in collaboration with the commander and the SAR Project Coordinator;
- Coordinates, together with the SAR Operations Logistician, the management of people on board;
- Is responsible for the preparation of rescue reports and required disembarkation documents;
- Coordinates the disembarkation phases in collaboration with the responsible Deck Officer;
- Is responsible for the training and organization of the SAR Team personnel;
- Is responsible for the efficiency of equipment and effectiveness of SAR operations;
- Prepares rescue reports, required disembarkation documents and coordinates the disembarkation itself.
- Navigation experience
- Experience in Central Mediterranean SAR operations of at least 2 years in similar roles
- Knowledge of Central Mediterranean SAR context
- Knowledge of navigation monitoring systems useful for SAR operations
- IMO-STCW certificates
- Training courses provided by IMO-STCW
- MAMS – MABEV qualifications
6 months including a period of paid leave
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): email@example.com. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus, with headquarters in Via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan (MI) – Italy, is Data Controller under EU Regulation 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). Personal data will be processed for the purposes of seeking, selecting and managing hired personnel only by authorised staff and possibly disclosed to third parties who may be appointed as Data Processors. Personal data will be stored for no longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes without prejudice to any other rights under, obligations or protection means provided by Law. Data subjects can exercise their rights under Art. 15 et seq. of the GDPR mailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Protection Officer appointed by the Controller is Mr. Nicola Tarantino, who can be mailed at email@example.com.
Please, browse the complete Privacy Notice on this site.