Type of contract
Collaboration contract – paid. At least 6 weeks ‘availability
At least 2 years of professional experience in the emergency field; experience in managing critical patients.
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
BACKGROUND AND ORGANISATION OF WORK
The central Mediterranean Sea has been the world’s most dangerous migration route for years: more than 23,800 migrants have died or gone missing since 2014, according to the International Organization for Migration (IOM). More than 1,100 this year alone.
After collaborating with the work of other organizations with our doctors, nurses, mediators, psychologists, we purchased our own ship, EMERGENCY’s Life Support, which is carrying out search and rescue (SAR) missions in the central Mediterranean.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The main duties and responsibilities of the SAR Nurse are:
- Responsibility for nursing care on board;
- Participation in the planning and implementation of health training activities provided to the rest of the crew on board;
- Sharing responsibility with the rest of the health care team for pharmaceutical/consumable/electro-medical supplies on board;
- Responsibility for reporting to contact persons of procurement needs, malfunction, damage of all medical supplies on board;
- Responsibility for clinical drug management: storage, control, preservation, and inventory;
- Sharing with the rest of the medical team the proper management and maintenance of clean and order in areas dedicated to healthcare activities (outpatient clinic, stabilization and observation area);
- Collaboration with the rest of the medical team for the correct filling in of the health care documents provided for the management of patients, in his/her area of competence;
- Possible involvement in on-board RHIB activity with the function of identifying critical clinical conditions of distressed vessel occupants and, where appropriate, their initial care;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or equivalent Degree;
- Registration with the Order of Nursing Professions;
- At least 2 years’ professional experience in SAR activities or in the emergency field;
- Proven experience in performing major maneuvers/therapies in critical patient management;
- At least 6 weeks ‘availability;
- Good knowledge of the English language (B2 of the European Framework).
- Training in the field of cross-cultural nursing;
- Possession of valid BLSD, PBLSD, PTC or PHTLS certifications;
- Knowledge of the French/Arabic language.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus, with headquarters in Via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan (MI) – Italy, is Data Controller under EU Regulation 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). Personal data will be processed for the purposes of seeking, selecting and managing hired personnel only by authorised staff and possibly disclosed to third parties who may be appointed as Data Processors. Personal data will be stored for no longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes without prejudice to any other rights under, obligations or protection means provided by Law. Data subjects can exercise their rights under Art. 15 et seq. of the GDPR mailing at email@example.com.
The Data Protection Officer appointed by the Controller is Mr. Nicola Tarantino, who can be mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, browse the complete Privacy Notice on this site.