SAR Operations Logistician
Type of contract
Paid – 6 months
Previous experience in logistics; autonomy in management of spaces, goods and people
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
The SAR Operations Logistician collaborates and coordinates with the SAR Team members and in particular with the Medical Staff and the crew.
He/she is responsible for the efficiency of the reception facilities and the effectiveness of the processes related to SAR operations for all phases of work.
The SAR Operations Logistician reports directly to the SAR-Co and to the Medical Coordinator on board. The role requires complete autonomy in the management of spaces and materials as well as heterogeneous groups of people in terms of culture, language and age.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The SAR Operations Logistician:
- Prepares the reception area before rescue operations;
- Collaborates with the handling of the RHIBs during rescue operations;
- Provides emergency assistance during the rescue (launch/recovery of emergency flotation systems, emergency boarding, etc…);
- Collaborates during the embarkation operations of rescued people;
- Carries out the operational management of reception and shelter areas of rescued people including cleaning, hygiene and waste;
- In collaboration with the entire SAR Team, he/she is responsible for the management of rescued people, once on board;
- Manages the pre-disembarkation preparation of rescued people;
- Is available to perform other tasks according to the activities derived from SAR operations;
- Contributes to the professional training of Team members.
- Experience in managing large numbers of people;
- Experience in multicultural and migration contexts.
- IMO-STCW Certificates
- IMO-STCW training courses
- MAMS – MABE qualifications
- Experience in SAR operations in Central Mediterranean and/or Aegean Sea.
6 months including a period of paid leave to be taken at the end of the mission in agreement with the Coordinator
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): email@example.com. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus, with headquarters in Via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan (MI) – Italy, is Data Controller under EU Regulation 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). Personal data will be processed for the purposes of seeking, selecting and managing hired personnel only by authorised staff and possibly disclosed to third parties who may be appointed as Data Processors. Personal data will be stored for no longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes without prejudice to any other rights under, obligations or protection means provided by Law. Data subjects can exercise their rights under Art. 15 et seq. of the GDPR mailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Protection Officer appointed by the Controller is Mr. Nicola Tarantino, who can be mailed at email@example.com.
Please, browse the complete Privacy Notice on this site.