SAR Project Coordinator
Type of contract
To be defined
At least 1 year of experience in SAR operations in the Central Mediterranean Sea in similar roles
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
The role requires the complete management of the entire SAR project and team, both on land and on board, and a global mastery of SAR operations in all their phases, included the strategic dynamics related to them.
The SAR Project Coordinator reports directly to EMERGENCY’s Field Operations Department (FOD) Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The SAR Project Coordinator:
- Is responsible for strategic decisions required for/during SAR operations
- Drafts SAR management guidelines, procedures and manual
- Collaborates and coordinates his/her work with the FOD Director, Medical Coordinator and Legal Team
- Supervises the Logistics department and collaborates with the operations department for the success of the project
- Supports and coordinates the SAR Mission Coordinator during rescue operations, in collaboration with the Commander
- Maintains constant contact with the Commander
- Participates in operational and institutional meetings with other SAR actors
- Supervises, supports, and coordinates all phases of ship preparation, rescue operations, disembarkation and post-disembarkation operations in collaboration with the Commander
- Is in charge of relations with other SAR actors, collaborating in institutional and public communications
- Is the point of referral for authorities and entities (inside and outside EMERGENCY) for the ship management and SAR operations
- Conducts periodical visits on board and replaces of the SAR Mission Coordinator for rest periods on land
- Sailing experience
- At least 1 year of experience in SAR operations in the Central Mediterranean Sea in similar roles
- Good knowledge of the Central Mediterranean SAR environment
- Knowledge of the actors involved in the operations, both at government and non-government levels
- Mastery of strategic decision-making dynamics aimed at SAR operations comprehensiveness
- Knowledge of SAR and navigation monitoring systems useful for SAR operations
- Familiarity with public and institutional communications
- Good knowledge of English language
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): email@example.com. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus, with headquarters in Via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan (MI) – Italy, is Data Controller under EU Regulation 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). Personal data will be processed for the purposes of seeking, selecting and managing hired personnel only by authorised staff and possibly disclosed to third parties who may be appointed as Data Processors. Personal data will be stored for no longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes without prejudice to any other rights under, obligations or protection means provided by Law. Data subjects can exercise their rights under Art. 15 et seq. of the GDPR mailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Protection Officer appointed by the Controller is Mr. Nicola Tarantino, who can be mailed at email@example.com.
Please, browse the complete Privacy Notice on this site.