English (minimum B2 level)
Type of contract
Payed – 1 year
10 years of previous experience in the same role; ability to manage a construction site
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
The role requires experience of site site management, procurement contracts, budget monitoring, coordination of different companies and teams.
WORK CONTEXT AND ARRANGEMENTS
SURGICAL CENTRE – Kabul, Afghanistan
At the Surgical Centre for War Victims in Kabul, our staff provide free, high-quality healthcare to the victims of the conflict that continues to affect the country and capital city.
The EMERGENCY Surgical Centre in Kabul has 3 operating rooms, an intensive care unit, a sub-intensive care unit and 6 wards for patients.
The Site Manager will work as on-site head, reporting to EMERGENCY’s Building Division at its Italian HQ.
He will manage a team made up of international and local technicians, supporting them and overseeing their work.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary tasks and responsibilities of the site manager are:
1. Running of the site
2. Managing contracts with local and Italian businesses
3. Controlling and managing the work schedule
4. Managing the various firms and teams on the site
5. Planimetric and altimetric tracking
6. Dealing with potential new developments and modifications in the project
7. Monitoring the budget
1. Certificate in geometry or structural technician certificate and degree in engineering or architecture
2. At least 10 years’ previous experience in site management for a construction firm (not works management)
3. Ability to manage an international team of workers
4. Previous experience in managing staff in a foreign country
5. Good knowledge of English (minimum B2 level)
PERIOD OF AVAILABILITY
One year living abroad, including a paid holiday period to be arranged with the Coordinator.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus, with headquarters in Via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan (MI) – Italy, is Data Controller under EU Regulation 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). Personal data will be processed for the purposes of seeking, selecting and managing hired personnel only by authorised staff and possibly disclosed to third parties who may be appointed as Data Processors. Personal data will be stored for no longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes without prejudice to any other rights under, obligations or protection means provided by Law. Data subjects can exercise their rights under Art. 15 et seq. of the GDPR mailing at email@example.com.
The Data Protection Officer appointed by the Controller is Mr. Nicola Tarantino, who can be mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, browse the complete Privacy Notice on this site.