HVAC – Refrigeration Technician
English (B1 intermediate level)
Type of contract
Paid - 6 months
Professional experience in maintenance of solar thermal collector and/or chillers and/or boiler burners
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
The role requires an autonomous ability of management, analysis and maintenance of HVAC and solar thermal systems. A good knowledge of electric and absorption chillers, air handling units, hydraulic circuits, pumping stations and air conditioners.
BACKGROUND AND ORGANISATION OF WORK
The Refrigeration Technician reports to the Project Coordinator and the Technical Division of EMERGENCY in Italy (HQ). He/She coordinates, supervises and works alongside the local staff in the area of responsibility. An aptitude for training would be useful, to enable the professional growth of the national staff team members.
He/She will work in the following areas:
- TECHNICAL AREA;
- HOSPITAL AREA;
- SERVICE AREA;
Further information on the equipment, apparatus and organization set-up will be provided at interview.
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
The main duties and responsibilities of the Refrigeration Technician are:
- analysis of the performance of the solar thermal system;
- professional training of local maintenance technicians;
- management and assistance of electric and absorption chillers;
- management and assistance to cooling towers;
- management and assistance to boiler burners;
- management and assistance of the air handling unit;
- maintenance of air conditioners;
- management and assistance of hydraulic systems including pumping stations and filtration systems;
- management of orders and organization of warehouses;
- maintenance of general plant engineering in hospital and residential environments.
GUIDELINES, PROTOCOLS AND EQUIPMENT
Further information on the guidelines, management processes and protocols relevant to the post will be provided at interview and during the period of preparation for the mission.
The general requirements and conditions are the same as for other international personnel roles.
- Previous experience in maintenance of solar thermal systems and/or chillers and/or boiler burners;
- possession of a technical expert’s diploma, a professional diploma or a refrigerator’s license is an advantage;
- intermediate knowledge of English (level B1/intermediate of the European scale);
- good knowledge of the Office package, in particular Word and Excel.
6 months’ overseas stay including a period of leave to be taken at the end of the mission in agreement with the coordinator. During the mission the Technician could be required to travel to other projects where specialist technical assistance is needed.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): email@example.com. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus, with headquarters in Via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan (MI) – Italy, is Data Controller under EU Regulation 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). Personal data will be processed for the purposes of seeking, selecting and managing hired personnel only by authorised staff and possibly disclosed to third parties who may be appointed as Data Processors. Personal data will be stored for no longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes without prejudice to any other rights under, obligations or protection means provided by Law. Data subjects can exercise their rights under Art. 15 et seq. of the GDPR mailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Protection Officer appointed by the Controller is Mr. Nicola Tarantino, who can be mailed at email@example.com.
Please, browse the complete Privacy Notice on this site.