Mechanical Technician – maintenance
Afghanistan, Central African Republic, Sierra Leone, Sudan
English or French (requested only for Bangui)
Type of contract
Paid - 6 months
Experience in diesel generators maintenance, cars and plants in general
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
The role requires an autonomous capability in cars mechanical maintenance and small/medium size diesel generators maintenance.
A good working knowledge of plumbing systems, pump stations, air ducts plants, gasoil boilers and air-conditioning systems is needed.
BACKGROUND AND ORGANISATION OF WORK
The international mechanical technician reports to the project Coordinator and the Technical Division of EMERGENCY in Italy (HQ).
He coordinates, supervises and works alongside the local staff in the area of responsibility. An aptitude for training would be useful, to enable the professional growth of the national staff team members.
He will work in the following areas of the Centre:
- TECHNICAL AREA;
- HOSPITAL AREA;
- SERVICE AREA;
Further information on the equipment, apparatus and organization set-up will be provided at interview.
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
The main duties and responsibilities of the mechanical technician are:
- maintenance of diesel generators and cars;
- general maintenance of plant in the hospital, guesthouse and apartments;
- management and maintenance of gasoil burners;
- management and maintenance of the air conditioning systems;
- management and maintenance of pump stations and filtration system;
- management of spare parts orders and warehouse;
- contribution in training of the national technical staff.
GUIDELINES, PROTOCOLS AND EQUIPMENT
Further information on the guidelines, management processes and protocols relevant to the post will be provided at interview and during the period of preparation for the mission.
The general requirements and conditions are the same as for other international personnel roles.
- Previous experience in diesel generators maintenance, cars and plants in general;
- holding of degree in Mechanical Engineering or Marine and Plants Engineering will be a preferential requisition;
- certificate as engineer officer, mechanic technician, mechanic, machinist.
6 months’ overseas stay including a period of leave to be taken at the end of the mission in agreement with the coordinator. During the mission the Mechanical Technician could be required to travel to other projects where specialist technical assistance is needed.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)