Type of contract
To be defined
Sea lifeguard licence, experience in SAR operations in Central Mediterranean Sea and/or Aegean Sea
Are you interested?
Read the full Job Description; if you are qualified, please apply online.
The role requires the complete management of the dynamics arising from rescue at sea and a high mastery of rescue techniques. The Rescue Swimmer collaborates at all times with the SAR Team members and in particular with the RHIB Team members.
The Rescue Swimmer reports directly to the SAR Mission Coordinator and refers to the RHIB Team Leader during rescue operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Rescue Swimmer:
- Is involved in the watch keeping on board and search shifts during search operations;
- Is in charge of the RHIB pre and post operations in collaboration with the other members of the SAR Team;
- Manages the check list, care and maintenance of the floating devices on board the RHIB in use during SAR operations;
- Is responsible for the proper maintenance of the equipment;
- In collaboration with the Rescue Team Leader, carries out the embarkation/disembarkation operations of the rescued persons on/off the RHIB
- In case of extreme necessity, in accordance with the Rescue Team Leader, carries out rescue operations in the water
- In collaboration with the entire SAR Team is responsible for assistance and management of rescued people, once on board;
- Has to be available to perform other tasks according to the activities derived from SAR operations;
- Contributes to the professional training of the other members of the SAR Team.
- Sea lifeguard certification
- Experience in SAR operations in Central Mediterranean Sea and/or Aegean Sea
- Working experience as a lifeguard, or as a member of the nautical teams such as fire brigades, civil protection, rescue associations
- IMO-STCW Certificates
- Training courses provided by IMO-STCW
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and inquiries (not for applications): firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please complete the on-line application form: applications sent to this e-mail account will not be considered.
Disclosure pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
EMERGENCY ONG Onlus, with headquarters in Via Santa Croce 19, 20122 Milan (MI) – Italy, is Data Controller under EU Regulation 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). Personal data will be processed for the purposes of seeking, selecting and managing hired personnel only by authorised staff and possibly disclosed to third parties who may be appointed as Data Processors. Personal data will be stored for no longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes without prejudice to any other rights under, obligations or protection means provided by Law. Data subjects can exercise their rights under Art. 15 et seq. of the GDPR mailing at email@example.com.
The Data Protection Officer appointed by the Controller is Mr. Nicola Tarantino, who can be mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, browse the complete Privacy Notice on this site.